Some great recipes for you to try, most of the igredients used in these recipes can be purchased in our Farm Shop.
Roast Pumpkin Parcels Serves 4
- 1 small pumpkin, about 1.6 kg peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped sage
- 1 tbs chopped rosemary
- 2 tbs rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Oven Temp 220°C
- Prepare 4 sheets of foil and place on a large baking tray
- Place cubed pumpkin and onion wedges on the foil
- Sprinkle the herbs and garlic over the pumpkin and drizzle with the oil over the vegetables.
- Fold the edges of the foil together to make a neat parcel.
- Bake the pumpkin parcel or parcels for 30 minutes. Open the foil and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and beginning to brown. Serve hot.
Spicy Tomato Chutney Makes about five 6lb jars
Why not try this easy recipe for some delicious chutney for the store cupboard.
- 1kg ripe Isle of Wight tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 750g English cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 375g light soft brown sugar
- 250g onions chopped
- 250g sultanas
- 2 tsp salt
- 2tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 350ml vinegar
- Put all the ingredients into a large pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil the mixture, uncovered, and stirring to prevent sticking for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the fruit is soft and thickened.
- Cool, then transfer the mixture to clean jars, seal and label.
- The chutney will improve on keeping for a month or so.
A great way to make the most of a glut of summer vegetables 3 med courgettes.
- 3 tbsp. rape seed oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. clear Hampshire honey
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Grate the courgette coarsely in to a bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and dress the courgettes. Season to taste and serve.
Ice Cream in a Bag!
In a medium sized self-seal freezer bag, place:
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. chopped strawberries
Place the bag in a larger freezer bag with 3 handfuls of ice and 4 tbsp. coarse salt Press out all air and shake for 5 – 10 mins!
Cut the base of the bag and serve!
Home Made Beef Burgers
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean minced beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 beaten egg
- Heat oil in frying pan and add diced onions.
- Reduce the heat and let the onions sweat slowly, add the garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, break up the beef with your fingers.
- Mix in the onions and garlic thoroughly.
- Add salt, pepper and dijon mustard.
- Pour in the egg and ensure that it has been mixed thoroughly.
- Separate into 4 portions and mould into burger shapes. Create a depression in the centre, this will ensure the burgers cook evenly and flat.
- Place in the fridge to chilled and stiffen.
- Once chilled and with the barbeque lit and simmered down, place the burgers on the BBQ.
- Ensure that each side has sealed, if not they'll fall apart when you lift them off. Turn them over until cooked.
- These can be frozen and defrosted for use later on.